Monday, July 2, 2012

A CITY WITH SOUL


We are starting our last week in New Orleans!!!!!

 I´m excited, I´m anxious….. These last three weeks flew, and I have a blended mood of happiness and sadness. I remember my first day, when I arrived; it was raining and one hour later the sun shined, 

I felt in home,                
                             
It is like Quito!,

I though, 

UNPREDICTABLE.





 New Orleans is diverse; people from different descendents live in the city. Today we talked about some aspects related with the social problems that you can see here.  

       However this city unifies 
       the spirit of a country 
       that was formed 
       by immigrants from 
       different backgrounds,
       who found a common 
        place  to be their HOME.

This city has someting, I can fell the passion and the heart of the people when I listened the musicians in the Trad Jazz Fest, or when they play music in the street, or when I enjoy their friendless, even when I walk around Audubon Park I can find little things that tell me “this is a city with soul.”
New Orleans offered me a large amount of arts, architecture, touristic places, culture, events; although the most important thing in these days was to have time for me. Places like Audubon Park bring me the environment to take a break, and to think, to fell, this was my major gift.   


New Orleans, in these weeks have being my home too, I stay here and love this city— heart and soul.
Yolanda



1 comment:

  1. Your heart and soul are beautiful! I'm so glad you've found beauty in our city and I hope you will return one day! Thank you for all your thoughtful insights and hard work! - Jess

    ReplyDelete